Axians Infoma Implements the GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has been in effect in all European Union member states since May 25th, 2018. It covers basic data protection requirements applicable throughout Europe, forming the basis of European data privacy law. The goal is to provide a uniform level of data privacy throughout Europe.
The German legislature has used the opening clauses of the GDPR to introduce additional national regulations through the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG – new). State data privacy laws have also recently been adjusted based on these regulations. Church data privacy laws have also been increased to at least match the GDPR, if they did not already meet it.
Data privacy has always been highly important at Axians Infoma. With the following guidelines, we want to make it as easy and transparent as possible for our customers to adopt the GDPR:
- Sample process descriptions for our Infoma newsystem software products
All process descriptions for software products from Axians Infoma are available in the download area at meine.infoma.de. These will be updated as part of the release cycles that serve as input for the index of processing tasks in accordance with article 30 of the GDPR.
- Template for contract processing in accordance with Article 28 of the GDPR EA contract template and description of technical and organizational measures is available in the download area at meine.infoma.de. After completing the template (name, address) and signing it, 2 copies of the contract can be returned to Agreement for counter-signing. A counter-signed copy will be returned to the sender.
- Customer databases – Anonymization report
in some cases, customer databases are required for analysis. We generally attempt to work with fully anonymized data. To achieve this goal, Axians Infoma provides an anonymization report. This allows us to fully anonymize the database and make it impossible to relate to any individual person.
- Data transmission (S-FTP)
Typically, data transmission is offered as encrypted.
- Privacy by design & Privacy by default (= data privacy through technical design and data privacy friendly default settings) Data minimization is one basic principle that has existed under previous law. The GDPR has expanded this term once again. Software products from Axians Infoma follow this basic principle. Personal data is only collected for specific purposes, and the minimal amount of data necessary is collected. In general, Axians Infoma attempts to minimize data quantities during the development process.
- Storage Limitation The newest versions of Infoma newsystem products offer the option of managing personal data in accordance with the GDPR and delete it automatically after the end of respective retention periods. Seamless and consistent bookkeeping ensures that personal data is fully anonymized. This makes it impossible to associate with any individual person.
- Informational duties to data subjects
If data subjects submit inquiries regarding their personal data, Infoma newsystem can generate an evaluation with an informational report. This informational report is updated on an ongoing basis during the release cycles.
Our Data Protection Officer Erwin Ritter will be pleased to assist with any question related to the complex topic of data privacy.